The solution has three main components
- Functionality and lifecycle processes for issuing and maintaining the EPIM eID
- Designed to become an industry ID, but first to be taken into use in EPIM’s own application suite
- eID owned and managed by employer organisation
- A person’s company email address is the username
- Organisations enrol their email domain(s) and associated users in EPIM ID
- Authentication based on software tokens, either as a mobile phone token (APP) or as a Windows token
- Accessible both from Internet and SOIL
Organization, user and application management
Includes functionality and lifecycle processes for handling lifecycle of:
- Application integrations for applications using EPIM ID
A simple web portal available on both Internet and SOIL enabling users to:
- Signing up for an EPIM eID
- Access a dashboard with access to web applications provided by your employer and that is integrated with EPIM ID
Web applications can choose to use EPIM ID as the only authentication method, or use it in a combination with other.
EPIM have established a EPIM ID Reference Group supporting the EPIM ID project. Currently the group has representatives from seven of EPIM’s member companies.