Approval of course providers
The following process applies for approval of course providers in connection with safety and preparedness training:
- Course provider applies to Norwegian Oil and Gas for approval to provide courses in accordance with Norwegian Oil and Gas “Guideline 002 – Recommended guidelines for safety and preparedness training” and associated curricula. Information concerning the application process can be found in Norwegian Oil and Gas’ qualification and audit scheme for providers of safety and preparedness training
- Norwegian Oil and Gas carries out a qualification process, and issues an approval resolution to the centre
- Norwegian Oil and Gas informs EPIM of any changes in status for providers of basic safety and preparedness training (GSK) and refresher courses. Change in status means e.g. if a provider loses approval as a provider of GSK, or if a new provider is approved
- EPIM instructs the provider of the GSK database, Mintra, to add a course provider
- Course provider (with named users) are entered by Mintra
- Mintra sends a notification to course providers that they have been registered in the database, with a copy to EPIM
In those cases where a course provider is to be removed from the database, for whatever reason, Mintra will notify the relevant course provider, with a copy to EPIM.
For more information and access to necessary documentation, visit Norwegian Oil and Gas’ website. Here you can also find an overview of approved courses and course providers.