The purpopse is to describe how each member of the organisation shall behave in their day to day work. The code of conduct is consistent with our vision, mission and core values.
We strive to build a reputation of being a trusted organization that conducts its business with integrity and in compliance with the laws and regulations under which we operate.
Our activities are implemented in a responsible, organized and safe manner, so that human life and health, the external and internal environment, and material assets are safeguarded and not damaged. Health, safety and environment is an integral part of our business activities.
As an organization we strive to live by the following principles:
- Maintaining a good physical and mental working environment for all employees and take responsibility for ourselves and others
- Working systematically to understand and manage risk, by integrating HSE in planning, organization, execution, control and maintenance at all levels in our activities
- Setting realistic, measurable and attainable HSE targets for business to actively prevent injuries and occupational hazard among employees
- Developing knowledge, skills and attitudes of the individual to motivate and stimulate to actively influence improvement of safety and working environment in the workplace
- 0 events related to leakage of information managed by EPIM on behalf of members
- 0 days of absence due to work related accidents or incidents
- 0 days of absence related to illness or occupational injury
Our finance management prepares and discloses financial data that represents our financial position, results of operations and cash flows in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preparing honest and meaningful financial plans, forecasts and analyses of business proposals
- Ensuring that effective internal accounting and operating controls are maintained
As an organization we follow the ethical principles as outlined below:
- Not being influenced by receiving favours nor do we try to improperly influence others by providing favours.
- Not offering or accepting gifts, directly or indirectly, if it is not promotional items of minimal value, normally bearing a company logo and never offering to or accepting from any third party gifts such as money, loans, kickbacks or similar monetary advantages, whatever the value involved
- Not offering or accepting hospitality such as social events, meals or entertainment if it does not have a clear business reason, and is within reasonable cost limits
- If we want to pursue business opportunities that might be of interest to EPIM, informing our manager, who will seek a management decision as to whether or not EPIM wants to pursue the opportunity
Conflict of interest
We will always act in the best interests of EPIM and avoid conflicts of interest whenever possible. A conflict of interest occurs when personal interests of an employee, directly or indirectly, through someone closely related, compete with EPIM’s interests.
- We do not compete with EPIM’ interests, nor take personal advantage of business opportunities that we discover during the course of our employment, unless EPIM expresses an obvious interest in pursuing such opportunity
- If a conflict of interest situation has occurred or if an employee faces a situation that may involve or lead to such a situation this will immediately be disclosed to EPIM Executive Director, to resolve the situation in a fair and transparent manner.
The work place
Our work is based on respect for each other and is conducted according to the following principles:
- Acting legally and honestly and apply by our management system and governing documents
- Putting EPIM’s interests ahead of personal or other interests
- Being loyal to each other and decisions that are made
- Being trustworthy and base our work on well-documented facts
- Respecting the personal dignity, privacy and personal rights of every employee and being committed to maintaining a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. Therefore, employees must not discriminate on the basis of origin, nationality, religion, race, gender, age or sexual orientation, or engage in any kind of verbal or physical harassment based on any of the above or any other reason
All data and information, whether electronic, hardcopy or verbal, and regardless of whether it is related to internal or external issues, are handled confidentially. Confidentiality agreements are signed in advance with third parties, if the exchange of proprietary information is unavoidable as part of any negotiation or interaction.
Our information security policy document applies to all employees, inclusive temporary personnel, given access to all or parts of EPIM’s IT systems and equipment.
It should not be stored movies, music, photos or large files that are not job related in EPIM’s IT equipment or network. Storing of private documents on company network or laptop is limited to a minimum.
Illegal or non-compliant conduct
We take responsibility for ensuring that we all act with integrity in all situations. We report any practices or actions believed to be inappropriate under this document to our manager. If it is appropriate, in view of the nature of the reported matter, reports of violations may be made directly to a higher level.
Employees can safely report any illegal or non-compliant conduct, without risking reprisals, well assured that all complaints will be properly investigated.